[Kdenlive-devel] [Mlt-devel] Qt based text producer

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Fri Jul 10 18:47:10 UTC 2009

2009/7/10 Jean-Michel Pouré <jm at poure.com>:
> Le vendredi 10 juillet 2009 à 19:11 +0200, Marco Gittler a écrit :
>> A first version is now at git://github.com/gmarco/mlt.git
>> (kdenlivetitle)

Before I merge it into MLT, can I please ask you to rename it
something more generic like qimage_title or qttitle as it does not use
any kdenlive API - just Qt. Also, you need to change the license to
GPL to be consistent with other services in the same modules. Modules
need to be consistent in license per my docs/policies.txt. Or, even
better, since Qt is now LGPL, we can change the license of the module
to LGPL. We just need to get the agreement of the copyright holder of
the qimage producer code. Alas, that copyright holder (Visual Media
FX) no longer exists, and I do not know if any entity has purchased
their rights. If not, then I believe Charlie, as the author, can make
this decision. Or, he might know who now owns the rights to VMFX code.

> If this is no interfaced with MLT, how do you play the resulting file in
> melt?

Perphaps you did not checkout the kdenlive title branch of that repo.

--
+-DRD-+