[Kdenlive-devel] kdenlive and real-time linux kernels

Slavko Glamočanin slavko at glamocanin.net
Wed Jul 8 13:52:46 UTC 2009

The real-timeness of the kernel is a rather nifty feature, but is not
directly used by kdenlive.

It usually impacts system latency and is most noticable with low-latency
audio, which also requires userspace libraries: JACK.

Video doesnt require really low latency, but still a real time kernel may
help X respond faster:)

May Jah bless us with sensible userspace libraries taking advantage of the
advanced kernel/HW we have, as a lot of libraries/architecture is still in
the 80's;)

Slavko