[Kdenlive-devel] kdenlive and Gimp (GEGL)

Jean-Michel Pouré jm at poure.com
Tue Jul 7 22:23:51 UTC 2009

Le mardi 07 juillet 2009 à 14:51 -0700, Dan Dennedy a écrit :
> GEGL has been on the MLT ToDo list for a while. There are no shortage
> of open source image processing libraries to use.

I think adding GEGL would help solve issues like color grading and
corrections. It is very well supported by Gimp, actively developed and
several Gimp features were moved to GEGL. So we can expect good quality.

Could you make a post on Kdenlive explaining how to implement GEGL and
ask a developer to pick-up the issue.

It may be more important to implement GEGL before export/import to/from
Gimp.

What do you think ?

Kind regards,
Jean-Michel