[Kdenlive-devel] kdenlive and Gimp

Slavko Glamočanin slavko at glamocanin.net
Tue Jul 7 15:35:48 UTC 2009

The thing is that the most important and* only feature needed *is
reimporting/replacing existing clips.
Lets say you cut up 1 hour of footage and arrange it in the timeline. Now
you need color processing on it. You could  manually edit the whole original
hour in another editor, maybe convert it to TGA pictures and run batch
processing on them or anything completely unrelated to kdenlive.

Then you would just choose "replace clip" (or even have "clip versions" type
functionality) and swap the original with the offline edited version.

Maybe even have an "Transcode->export for offline editing option".

The completely manual version would be replacing all clip references in the
saved kdenlive project file.

This is also useful for editing with proxy files -> making a low resolution
version of a video for faster editing.

Cheers,
Slavko

p.s.
transcode to DNxHD blew my mind. GREAT JOB!