[Kdenlive-devel] Title clips (.kdenlivetitle) are written in ASCII

Simon Eugster simon.eu at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 18:55:43 UTC 2009

Hi all :)

I saw that title clips are currently written in ASCII and not in Unicode.
Is there any reason in doing so? If not, I'd like to change it as
a) I've got unicode characters in my titles (like the ’ (apostroph)
b) I've found the position where the file is written. Yes! ;) here.

bool TitleDocument::saveDocument(const KUrl& url, QGraphicsPolygonItem*
startv, QGraphicsPolygonItem* endv) {
     // ...
     xmlf.write(doc.toString().toAscii());
     // ...
}

If there is no problem in writing utf-8, I'd like to do change it.

Simon