[Kdenlive-devel] Pixel aspect ratio as fraction

jb jb at kdenlive.org
Fri Jan 23 13:27:04 UTC 2009

On Friday 23 January 2009 08.32:15 Simon Eugster wrote:
> Hi together,
>
> In the IRC madsdyd and me have been discussing about the Clip
> properties dialog. The pixel aspect ratio is given as float here, but
> in the Profiles manager the user has to set a fraction. I tried to
> understand where the value for the PAR comes from, but I couldn't find
> the source o.O
>
> Where is it? I'd like to make it displaying a fraction as exercise to
> get used to kdenlive and C++.

The clip properties are fetched when a clip is inserted by:

void Render::getFileProperties(const QDomElement &xml, const QString &clipId)
in file renderer.cpp

Here we build a QMap <QString, QString> which lists all the clip properties

At line 571, you can see:

        filePropertyMap["aspect_ratio"] = frame->get("aspect_ratio");

	frame is the MLT frame for the clip, which has an "aspect_ratio" property.

	Not sure we can get the info from MLT as a fraction here...

jb