[Kdenlive-devel] [Kdenlive] Camcorder footage Panasonic HDC-SD9

Ivan Schreter schreter at gmx.net
Wed Jan 14 20:50:51 UTC 2009

Hi Jean-Michel,

I've tried -vsync 0 with vanilla ffmpeg. No, it's not  the same. It
dumps an error:

Error, Invalid timestamp=15, last=17

I suppose the camcorder misses some frames when encoding starts, which
requires ffmpeg to introduce some duplicates. It seems like the frames
come in "interesting" order in the AVCHD file and somehow ffmpeg as well
as mlt are not able to reorder them correctly (e.g., because they do not
keep enough previous frames in the buffer?).

@Dan: I looked at the source in producer_avformat.c in MLT. I don't
believe this is the problem. It's more like ffmpeg's libavformat is not
producing correct timestamps and therefore I will look there (dts/pts
computation in utils.c/av_read_frame*, I suppose). This would also
explain why ffmpeg itself is producing jerky videos (without my patch).
Correcting it will most probably also correct kdenlive support for this
camcorder.

As I said, on weekend I plan to look at it in some more detail.

Regards,

Ivan