[Kdenlive-devel] Kdenlive rendering to other resolutions

jb jb at kdenlive.org
Tue Jan 6 22:42:33 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 06 January 2009 21:30:56 Jean-Michel Pouré wrote:
> Dear JB,
>
> Can you describe in more details the changes to SVN today as regards
> export to a different resolution. Is Kdenlive writing automatically the
> new MLT syntax or do we have to change export profiles.

If the rendering profile contains for example "profile=dv_pal", that profile is
compared to the project profile. If it is not the same profile, Kdenlive will
automatically use the new syntax.

Also, if the rendering profile contains a size argument like "s=720x576", that
size is compared to the current project frame size and the new MLT syntax is
applied if they are different.

Hope it is clear.

regards
jb