[Kdenlive-devel] request mantis status for duplicates

Mads Bondo Dydensborg mads at dydensborg.dk
Sun Jan 4 20:06:19 UTC 2009

søndag 04 Januar 2009 skrev Dan Dennedy:
> Can we please be able to change the status for duplicate bugs to
> something not listed.

Of course. They should be resolved or even closed as duplicates. (not listed?
You need to create filters for your personal use, or you will go mad using
mantis? I have "new, sorted by id", "feedback, sorted by
update", "acknowledged", "all open" as a minimum. Bugzilla kicks mantis a**
in this area, I am afraid).

> The number of bugs is getting unwieldy.

Yes. I apologize for not beeing able to keep up. Ironically, I have a video I
need to finish this week, which has kept me from triaging.

> It is a
> waste of time to wade through the duplicates and related. I would not
> even mind closing the duplicates and closely related.

Thats the policy - or it should be, its an error if it is not: duplicates,
resolve to "duplicate".

Are you unable to do this? I thought you, as you have developer status in
mantis, was able to do this? Updaters can do this, and you should have all
the rights of updaters?

FYI: I am hanging out on irc for at least 30 minutes more today.

Regards

Mads

--
Mads Bondo Dydensborg   mads at dydensborg.dk   http://www.madsdydensborg.dk/

THE COURT:  I'm delighted, Doctor, that this is plain English to someone.

  - From DeCSS trial transcript, regarding a plain text describing of DeCSS.
    http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/DeCSS/Gallery/touretzky-testimony.txt