[Kdenlive-devel] Solved: AVCHD camcorder support

Mads Bondo Dydensborg mads at dydensborg.dk
Tue Feb 17 21:54:38 UTC 2009

Torsdag 12 februar 2009 skrev Dan Dennedy:

> > I can definitely provide a complete patch against latest FFmpeg to
> > handle AVCHD, so in worst case, you can give it to MLT developers and
> > let them build FFmpeg statically with the patch.
>
> That is me. I can include this for a little while - as long as its not
> horribly bit-rotten - but only for those using --avformat-svn, which
> to be honest, is not many. If the builder wizard is changed to use
> this approach, a lot of people will start getting it.

Re the wizard: If you could provide a different mlt configure line for it to
use, I would not mind at all changing it, and stop building ffmpeg.

The current mlt configure line is something like this:
./configure --prefix=$FINAL_INSTALL_DIR --enable-gpl --avformat-swscale --
enable-motion-est --enable-debug --qimage-libdir=$QT_LIB_DIR --qimage-
includedir=$QT_INCLUDE_DIR

Regards

Mads

(Slowly going through my vacation-related email backlog).

--
Mads Bondo Dydensborg   mads at dydensborg.dk   http://www.madsdydensborg.dk/

There has never been a good war or a bad peace.
                           - Benjamin Franklin