[Kdenlive-devel] Kdenlive versionning

sean darcy seandarcy2 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 00:57:07 UTC 2009

Jean-Michel Pouré wrote:
> A lot of users are complaining that Kdenlive 0.5 or 0.6 is not working.
> They don't understand that Kdenlive 0.7 is a complete rewrite. Should we
> rename Kdenlive 0.7.2 to Kdenlive 2.0? What do you think?
>
> Kind regards,
> Jean-Michel

I'm a brand new member of this list. With DD leaving kino, I decided to
follow him here, which required a lot of one day to build the various
dependencies for kdenlive on Fedora 10. I'd be happy to share the very
crude rpm spec files I used to get it all going.

That's all prologue for the suggestion you wait until there's a clear
route through the dependencies for at least one major distro. Then I'd
blow a horn, announce Version 1.0, and have a party.

sean