[Kdenlive-devel] [Mlt-devel] Framerate Issue on MTS files ?

Marco Gittler g.marco at freenet.de
Mon Dec 21 06:13:49 UTC 2009

Am 21.12.2009 um 02:46 schrieb Dan Dennedy:

> On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 1:23 PM, Marco Gittler <g.marco at freenet.de> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> i found the piece, that caused the render in double frame rate of the video.
>> it is setting:
>> skip_frame:bidir (which is an ffmpeg option)
>
> is it set to 1 or empty string?
it is set to "bidir"
looks like
<property name="skip_frame" >bidir</property>
in the xml file

>> is this still needed to be set in the .kdenlive file or was this only needed in earlier versions of ffmpeg ?
>>

> It is not needed by anything. However, it is still a valid option to
> improve seeking and playback performance especially for H.264, but it
> should be placed into MLT XML files which will be used to make a final
> render.
yes it is placed in mlt xml, when i disable in mlt file to render, it works right. having this enabled, these MTS files will render the video in double fps.
during cutting/seeking with kdenlive it seems to be usefull, but setting this in the mlt file to render, it does not work here as expected.

regards marco