[Kdenlive-devel] [Mlt-devel] Framerate Issue on MTS files ?

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Sat Dec 19 05:17:15 UTC 2009

On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 1:21 AM, Marco Gittler <g.marco at freenet.de> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a Canon HF 200. Mplayer play's the plain files from the cam in correct speed.
> Converting to mp4 and uses this file in kdenlive produces also correct speed videos.
> But using/converting the plain files from the cam, will result in too fast playback (1080-50i video). Audio plays at normal speed.
> Kdenlive shows also a framerate of 50fps. Since converting using only mlt the result is also a video at double speed,
> audio at normal speed, i think there is an issue with those files and mlt ?

or those files and ffmpeg, which appears you did not more directly
test. Recently on the kdenlive list, Evert was complaining about a
FFmpeg demux bug that causes this same issue with his AVCHD. When he
tried to do his own transcode using ffmpeg it reproduced the problem,
but using one of the DNxHD profiles we provide in Kdenlive, it
transcodes just fine.

> Sample (plain) video:  http://195.42.115.208/00031.MTS

downloading now.
--