[Kdenlive-devel] speed bug and clips cheek2cheek

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Mon Dec 14 17:53:35 UTC 2009

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 8:55 AM, Marco Ciampa <ciampix at libero.it> wrote:
> Sorry for the noise, I do not know if there is also a user ml...I hate forums...

Sometimes you have to go where the action is simply for the value. The
action is on the forums. If you want to create a mailing list, you or
we can, but I would not expect as much action, and you do end up
fracturing the community. A majority of people will still just use the
web forums, and the power users and developers (who are already busy
enough) will subscribe to and monitor both.

> Also I would like to know how to see a part of a video over another part.
> The effect I want to produce is to split in a half the video to see half part of a
> clip (track1), not resized, just clipped, near the other half of another clip
> (track2).

I can only afford some quick hints right now. Use a composite
transition between them with the clip to be on the left on the lower
track. Then, to move the top clip to the right side, simply move its
composite rectangle without adjusting its size. If you want to choose
a particular vertical slice of the top clip, you apply the crop effect
and adjust left and/or right. If you want to choose a particular
vertical slice of both clips, then apply Crop to both, but add a
composite below the second clip and set the With Track of both
composites to "Black."

--
+-DRD-+