[Kdenlive-devel] Hi there!

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Sun Dec 6 20:40:23 UTC 2009

2009/12/6 Evert Vorster <evorster at gmail.com>:
> Hi, thanks for the help. I was following that guide as closely as my distro
> allows.
>
> I think I got most parts of it working. ( No Qimage support yet, will get
> that tonight )
>
> Already I ran into a nasty bug. I reported this to the ffmpeg guys last
> year, but they just ignored it.
>
> I have a Canon HF100 HD recorder. I record in 1920x1080x25fps, but ffmpeg
> picks it up as 50fps.

Just because it reports 50 fps does not mean that it will play at the
incorrect speed; it depends more on the timestamps.

> This messes around transcoding and kdenlive. I can
> transcode a clip fine, but once I start slicing and dicing the clips some

Please be more clear about how you did "transcode."

> run at "double speed" on the video while their audio is running normally.

I have some sample clips from the 50i/25p Canon HF100, and they work
fine here. I did not do extensive cutting or anything, however - just
playback in the Clip Monitor. Also, I tested the output of Kdenlive's
Transcode to DNxHD, which just runs ffmpeg as a child, and that works
fine as well. And I am confident that cutting on the DNxHD output will
not give altered playback rate (less confident about that when
directly using AVCHD).

> I tried signing up at MantisBT, but the link that the bugtracker sent me to
> set my password does not resolve.

Sorry, I can not help with the bug tracker.

--
+-DRD-+