[Kdenlive-devel] OS X is usable now

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Thu Aug 27 05:40:08 UTC 2009

Hi all,

After a lot of work, I finally have Kdenlive working rather well on OS
X with the video monitors embedded in the app. I also removed the
special SDL main hooks that were committed  a while - these proved no
longer necessary and interfered with KDE/Qt hooks to remap standard
menu entries like Quit and Preferences. Of course, it required a
little addition to MLT to make it all work, and QGLWidget came in real
handy. Actually, most of these changes ought to work on Linux with
OpenGL as well, but I did not have a chance to test that. Also, I did
not want to put in the effort yet to figure out how to change the
build to not require GL and only include it if detected.

It would be nice to get a release soon due to this (so I can update
official MacPorts portfiles) and due to all the MLT internal
improvements over the past couple of months. I will be making a new
MLT release very soon.

--
+-DRD-+