[Kdenlive-devel] how do i crop video?

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Thu Aug 13 05:14:13 UTC 2009

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 7:54 PM, sean darcy<seandarcy2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> With today's kdenlive svn and mlt git, I'm trying to put a 1990 school
> play on dvd. I've copied it from vhs on a svhs deck to a camcorder, then
> used dvgrab into the pc.
>
> The video has some noise around the edges. I'd like to crop it, and
> insert black borders to fit ntsc size before conversion to mpeg.
>
> How do I do this in kdenlive? I can't find any "crop" tool.

There is a crop in the video effects list. It was added in version
0.7.3. It is not dependent upon any libs/plugins external to MLT, so I
am surprised you do not see it as I know you run a very up-to-date
system. If you run 'melt -query filters 2>&1 | grep crop' do you see
it? If so, do you see a $prefix/share/apps/kdenlive/effects/crop.xml?

--
+-DRD-+