[Kdenlive-devel] New Icon?

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Tue Apr 28 16:23:17 UTC 2009

2009/4/28 Markus <kamikazow at web.de>:
> I think it's time for a new icon. The current one is a bit old-school, isn't
> it?

I do not mean to appear rude, but is not any image involving film or
film-oriented production (e.g. clapper board) old school? I am 40
years old now, and I do remember my father splicing 8mm film, but I
doubt many even in my generation was exposed to it. However, I do not
disagree that people still recognize and understand it, and I
personally do like nostalgia. If we have an old school image, maybe it
should have a more nostalgic, weathered, and dirty look as opposed to
this clean one. :-)

> If you think that a new icon is needed, but my mock-up totally sucks, I'll try
> to approach the Oxygen icon team.

We had someone contribute a new icon not too long ago, but it was
dismissed as being too similar to a trademarked one from a commercial
offering in this space. So, be careful of that. I do not think this is
similar to anything from a big commercial vendor, but it would not
surprised me if it is the same as something from a lower end Windows
product.

FWIW, I prefer something more abstract and less generic or obvious,
which is probably counter to the Oxygen approach.

--
+-DRD-+