[Kdenlive-devel] westleypreview.desktop issue

jb jb at kdenlive.org
Fri Apr 10 08:41:44 UTC 2009

On Friday 10 April 2009 10:08:50 Zarko Pintar wrote:
> Did not pass!
>
> I was getting this issues:
>
> westleypreview.desktop: warning: key "Encoding" in group "Desktop Entry" is
> deprecated
This one is now fixed

> westleypreview.desktop: warning: value "Service" for key "Type" in group
> "Desktop Entry" is a reserved value for KDE
> westleypreview.desktop: error: file contains key "CacheThumbnail" in group
> "Desktop Entry", but keys extending the format should start with "X-"
> westleypreview.desktop: error: file contains key "IgnoreMaximumSize" in
> group "Desktop Entry", but keys extending the format should start with "X-"
> westleypreview.desktop: error: key "MimeType" is present in group "Desktop
> Entry", but the type is "Service" while this key is only valid for type
> "Application"

The entries in this desktop file are exactly similar to KDE's standard
thumbnailers, see for example:
http://websvn.kde.org/branches/KDE/4.2/kdebase/runtime/kioslave/thumbnail/jpegthumbnail.desktop?view=markup

So I am not really sure how to fix this...
One strange warning is: "Desktop Entry is a reserved value for KDE"... maybe
the KDE desktop files have a different validation process in fedora?

Anyways, I don't know how to fix this since I use exactly the same syntax as
Kdebase thumbnailers desktop files. Does fedora patch KDE's desktop files?

regards
jb