[Kdenlive-devel] Setting the paths for MLT?

jb jb at kdenlive.org
Sun Sep 28 01:03:42 UTC 2008

On Saturday 27 September 2008 21:06:25 Mads Bondo Dydensborg wrote:
> Hi there
>
> I have multiple installs of mlt and kdenlive on my system. When running
> kdenlive, it will read the configuration information about which MLT to
> use, both profiles, and the path to inigo.
>
> Is there a way to override this? During install? As a command line
> parameter?

Currently there is no way to override it. If you delete the config file (
$HOME/.kde/share/config/kdenliverc ), Kdenlive will try to detect MLT using
the MLT_PREFIX variable that is defined at install time (by the cmake module
FindLIBMLT.cmake ).

So basically removing the config file (or deleting the necessary lines) should
make Kdenlive use the MLT version used for its compilation.

I also just commited a change so that the renderer (kdenlive_render) is now
taken from the same folder as the running kdenlive instance.

If you still want to work on a patch, it's ok for me.

regards