[Kdenlive-devel] Ok, works on i586...

Jean-Michel Pouré jm at poure.com
Fri Sep 5 13:56:58 UTC 2008

Le vendredi 05 septembre 2008 à 15:09 +0200, Albert ARIBAUD a écrit :
> Sorry of I've missed the info before... I'd done a wiki page on
> building
> Kdenlive (actually, building ffmpeg, mlt and mlt++ more than KE) for
> X86_64 Mandriva at:
>
> <http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Kdenlive/Developer_HOWTO#Mandriva_2008.1_.28Spring.29_x86_64>

You appear to be still using kde3, but kdenlive for kde3 is not
maintainded any longer, so this may sound a little bit confusing.

We may consider merging
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Kdenlive/Developer_HOWTO#Getting_Kdenlive_source_code
with http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Kdenlive/KDE4_Porting

At least, explain that MLT should be configured this way:
./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-gpl --qimage-libdir=/usr/lib/
--qimage-includedir=/usr/include/qt4 --disable-mmx --avformat-swscale

For developers, there is no need to be under such or such platform.
Mlt and kdenlive should compile everywhere.

Kind regards,
Jean-Michel