[Kdenlive-devel] Dear developpers,

Stéphane Téletchéa steletch at free.fr
Thu Sep 4 13:19:02 UTC 2008

I know that kdenlive is a work-in-progress for the QT4 port and that implies a lot of developpment and debug.

However, i used it since the beginning of 2007 and up to now, Mandriva did a great job in providing a working snapshot on time for the release (i mean a more or less working one, with some random crashes).

I've tried to help this effort by building the latest snaphost of kdenlive + mlt + mlt++ but as others have experienced, it is hard to get a building one. I would be very pleased if you could, if possible, tell me what svn versions should i take from your point of view, in order to obtain a built kdenlive (i mean svn from kdenlive + mlt and mlt++).

Like this, i could check if this version at least builds, and test if it runs, in order to get again a working version (even with some crashes) for the next Mandriva release. That could also be a baseline for others (since for instance many ubuntu users were unable to use kdenlive with latest gusty).

I'm a packager from mandriva (rpm-based) and unfortunately not a hacker, but i think this "snapshot" could help in getting a broader audience to kdenlive (which it deserves from my PoV).

Thanks a lot in advance for your answer,

Stéphane