[Kdenlive-devel] Keyframes feature

Jean-Michel Pouré jm at poure.com
Tue Oct 28 23:13:42 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-10-28 at 15:33 -0700, Dan Dennedy wrote:
> A module can choose to do it is own way for any
> property, and some of them do. The point is that I want to make this a
> framework facility for any type of mlt_property so that it remains
> consistent across modules. As for naming them, well, I don't see a
> reasonable way to do that without fucking up the concise syntax that
> we have thus far. I suppose an app could figure out a way to do it.
> Or, a side-property like foo.key.names=[frame=]Name[;[frame=Name]]*
> might work.

Just to understand. MLT Keyframes are attached to an effect, as they are
properties.

But in other environments keyframes are objects, which can be defined
anywhere. Effects apply to keyframes and not the converse.

I don't know MLT XML syntax to tell if keyframes can be independant
objects in MLT. But if you create an XML syntax for keyframes, defining
them as XML objects, you would not break backward compatibility.

Kind regards,
Jean-Michel