[Kdenlive-devel] Kdenlive + mlt + FreiOr startup bug

Marco Gittler g.marco at freenet.de
Tue Oct 28 12:32:15 UTC 2008

Am 28.10.2008 um 12:36 schrieb jb:

> On Friday 24 October 2008 20.54:36 Marco Gittler wrote:
>> i could commit the patches self, but i want to collect first all yml
>> files
>> for plugins, that have a min/max value (and do without crash), so
>> that the patch solves all known bugs with frei0r and mlt.
>
> Hi Marco.
>
> A few infos + some questions:
>
> 1) Some info on frei0r plugins.
>
> I made some quick tests and here are the min and max values that
> work well for
> me (no crash):
>
> * frei0r.squareblur effect :
> Kernel size needs to be between 0 and 0.5
>
> * frei0r.distort0r:
> Amplitude between -1 and 1
> Frequency between -2 and 2

nice , frei0r has now updatet the min /max to use for all float
values(0.0-1.0).
but i think some plugins need a larger scale, so should i update the
mlt plugin
for frei0r to use only 0-1 or better use an extra yml file for buggy
plugins ?

> 2) Some effects, like frei0r.colordistance need a color as input
> parameter. I
> couldn't find a way to pass the color to frei0r. I tried with;
> inigo video.mpg -attach frei0r.colordistance "Color=#ffcc00"
>
> But the color value is not recognised... any idea ?

the mlt/frei0r plugin has no color/positon paramters for these plugins
now.
in frei0r these are for color: FLOAT,FLOAT,FLOAT (from 0 to 1).
i will implement this these days (how should mlt get these values ?
with #FFFFFF ?

> 3) Keyframes
> Currently, all frei0r effects parameters are fixed. For example, the
> frei0r.brightness takes a "Brightness" value that is fixed.
>
> But I guess we could manage to create keyframes, for example if we
> set:
> start_Brightness = 0
> end_Brightness = 1
>
> The MLT frei0r module could interpolate the current brightness value
> from the
> producer position and make the "Brightness" value change with time...
>
> Do you think it is possible ?
yes should be, but i think it will be better to use Brightness="0:1" ??
what do you think