[Kdenlive-devel] Kdenlive 48khz audio problem

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Mon Oct 27 05:37:14 UTC 2008

2008/10/11 REPlI2DeV <repli2dev at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
> It is not problem only with two 48 kHz clips, same problem appears mixing two
> 44,1 kHz clips. (But mixing one 48 kHz clip and one 44,1 kHz seems to be OK).
>
> Could be problem of MLT?

I just want to confirm that this is a bug in MLT, but there is a
workaround that kdenlive can do depending upon the difficulty to make
that change now or the tradeoffs of doing so. Right now, a fix for MLT
is not in sight. See the thread on the MLT mailing list "Problem with
audio mix transition" for more info:

https://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=200810222235.20072.j-b-m%40users.sourceforge.net&forum_name=mlt-devel

> Jan Drábek
>
> On Friday 10 October 2008 22:42:49 you wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Firstly, I have serious problem with mixing two 48 kHz audio.
>>
>> Steps to reproduce:
>> 1. Load something with 48 kHz
>> 2. Add it to timeline twice - first to position 00:00:00, second to
>> diffrent track and position, but that they are overlayed.
>> 3. Play overlayed part - there is unlogical noise
>> OR
>> 4. Render whole project and listen in your favourite player - I attach
>> sample which is on http://uloz.to/832055/untitled.wav
>>
>> I thought that the problem is in my sound card, but it turns not to be
>> truth because I am having same problems on my laptop.
>>
>> (OS: OpenSuSE 11.0 fully up-to-date)
>>
>> Secondly, the translation is not used in setting form of each effect (for
>> example Gain, it is translated but not used in effect Mute)
>>
>> Thirdly, some effect used by Kdenlive are in MLT, but If I am right MLT
>> does not have localization :(
>>
>> Thanks for help
>> Jan Drábek

+-DRD-+