[Kdenlive-devel] PAL wide profile possible PAR problem

Stéphane Téletchéa steletch at free.fr
Wed Oct 22 13:22:51 UTC 2008

----- "Dan Dennedy" <dan at dennedy.org> a écrit :

> On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 1:15 PM, Stéphane Téletchéa <steletch at free.fr>
> wrote:
> > I've tried mixing 4/3 dv files + 16:9 dvd files (yes, coming from a
> dvd, not DV files), and the dvd
> > files are shrinked badly.
>
> Please describe it better: scaling artifacts, incorrect aspect, too
> much black padding?
> Also, if you play just the DVD rip with inigo, how does it appear?

In fact this seems exactly the same problem. The image is stretched
in inigo and kdenlive while it displays correctly with mplayer for instance.

The deformation makes people look taller and thinner than what the are
(womens appreciate but the deformation does not limit to them...).

I've created the project using a DV pal format (not wide), and using a mix of
4:3 dv files and 16:9 film from a DVD cam recorder.

Do you need more info? (screenshots ?)

I'm not using the latest mlt/inigo/kdenlive but the snapshot is quite recent,
and i'm observing this since a lot of monthes (should have reported earlier, though).

Stef