[Kdenlive-devel] kdenlive svn can't import video clip with ":" in filename

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Thu Oct 2 04:17:09 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 4:01 PM, Dâniel Fraga <fragabr at gmail.com> wrote:
>        If I try to import the following video clip:
>
> tvrecord-20081001-15:53.avi
>
>        kdenlive svn complains that it couldn't open the "url". Maybe
> it's confused by the ":" in the filename?
>
>        The "solution" is to rename the file. Other software like
> avidemux can read with this filename without problems.
>
>        Thanks.

I looked into this. This is a shortcoming in ffmpeg libs. The
workaround is to preface the file name with 'file:' Maybe kdenlive
wants to do this. MLT will not because I want to accept non-file
resource names just as ffmpeg does ('ffmpeg -formats' reports
something like: http:, tcp:, udp:, rtsp:, pipe:). However, I don't
think anything but file: makes sense for kdenlive.

--
+-DRD-+