[Kdenlive-devel] About Kdenlive build wizard

Mads Bondo Dydensborg mads at dydensborg.dk
Mon Nov 24 07:48:28 UTC 2008

mandag 24 November 2008 skrev Dan Dennedy:
> On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 11:24 PM, Mads Bondo Dydensborg
> <mads at dydensborg.dk> wrote:
> > All ffmpeg options are like that. If you have a reliable way of detecting
the
> > presences of a library let me know. Please note that is has to be
reasonably
> > quick, so e.g. compiling a program against the lib is a no-go.
>
> You can check the return code of 'pkg-config libfaac' for most libs
> because the build requires the results of pkg-config.

Thanks, but at least in kubuntu, there is no pc files for libfaac/faad:
madsdyd at ripley:~$ pkg-config --list-all | grep -i faac
madsdyd at ripley:~$

I do check 7 packages using pkg-config, but for e.g. mad, it turns out that
the .pc file is specific to (k)ubuntu

> > Sigh. I thought I had that nailed, but debian has mad.pc, OpenSUSE has
> > nothing, and your distro (which one?) has libmac.pc...
>
> Uh, what is mad for? ffmpeg uses LAME/libmp3lame. I do not have a .pc
> file on my system for lame.

 MAD is an MPEG audio decoder. It currently only supports the MPEG 1
 standard, but fully implements all three audio layers (Layer I, Layer II,
 and Layer III, the latter often colloquially known as MP3.)
 .
 This is the package you need to develop or compile applications that use MAD.

I have added a check for that, because my own compiles at some point has
required it? I could try without it though - would solve my "is the package
present" problem :-)

Regards

Mads

--
Mads Bondo Dydensborg   mads at dydensborg.dk   http://www.madsdydensborg.dk/

There was a time when religion ruled the world. It is known as The Dark Ages.
        - Ruth Hurmence Green (The Born Again Skeptic's Guide to the Bible)