[Kdenlive-devel] About Kdenlive build wizard

Mads Bondo Dydensborg mads at dydensborg.dk
Mon Nov 24 07:24:15 UTC 2008

mandag 24 November 2008 skrev Michael Shigorin:
> On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 09:16:48PM +0100, Javier Agust?n Fern?ndez Arroyo
wrote:
> > Which kdenlive version does your wizard build? 0.7 or latest SVN one?
>
> Latest SVN by default, or hand-picked revisions per component.
>
> BTW there's a missing check for faac:
>
> [...] --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-libmp3lame
> --enable-x11grab --enable-libfaac --enable-libfaad
> ERROR: libfaac not found

Yes, I know, thats why its is disabled by default, placed under the "advanced
tab" and the tool tip and "whats this" explanation says you must already have
installed the needed libraries :-)

All ffmpeg options are like that. If you have a reliable way of detecting the
presences of a library let me know. Please note that is has to be reasonably
quick, so e.g. compiling a program against the lib is a no-go.

> (frei0r test might also be nice? or "kitchen sink" effect? :)

I am seriously considering adding frei0r compilation and installation to the
wizard as an optional feature. How would that be?

> and "mad" package on my system has libmad.pc, not mad.pc
> (still to see whether it's a problem for kdenlive itself).

Sigh. I thought I had that nailed, but debian has mad.pc, OpenSUSE has
nothing, and your distro (which one?) has libmac.pc...

Regards

Mads

--
Mads Bondo Dydensborg   mads at dydensborg.dk   http://www.madsdydensborg.dk/

You may not use the Software in connection with any site that disparages
Microsoft, MSN, MSNBC, Expedia, or their products or services, infringe any
intellectual property or other rights of these parties, violate any state,
federal or international law, or promote racism, hatred or pornography.
                                     - Part of MS Frontpage 2002 EULA