[Kdenlive-devel] Kdenlive new screengrab option

Jean-Michel Pouré jm at poure.com
Sun Nov 16 08:08:16 UTC 2008

Dear JB,

=> Frame around capture:
Rectangles are sometimes included in the film.
It may be interesting to add the --no-frame option as a checkbox. This
option is described in the man page of recordmydesktop.

=> Temp dir
-workdir DIR	Temp directory. May be important for large captures.

=> Audio buffer
           -buffer-size N(number>0)
                  A  positive  number denoting the desired sound buffer
              size(in frames, when using ALSA or OSS).

           -ring-buffer-size N(float number>0)
                  A float number denoting the desired ring buffer  size
              (in seconds,when using JACK only).
                  The overall size of the buffer in bytes will be:
                  ring_buffer_size  *  samplerate  *  number_of_ports *
              sizeof(jack_default_audio_sample_t),
                  where sizeof(jack_default_audio_sample_t) is normally
              4.

This may be important to fix cracks in the sound.
I would be glad to be able to set buffers in Alsa recording, so that I can switch back to Alsa.

Kdenlive with recordmydesktop absolutely rocks.
Sorry for double-posting, I hit the send key by error.

Kind regards,
Jean-Michel