[Kdenlive-devel] Last change before release...

jb jb at kdenlive.org
Tue Nov 11 17:47:11 UTC 2008

Hi all.

I am almost ready to release. The last thing I am not sure about is the export
profiles.

As discussed in http://www.kdenlive.org/mantis/view.php?id=323 there currently
is a problem when exporting  your project to a size different than your
current profile. Some effects may change and images or texts may change
position, making the rendering different from what is expected.

The safest solution is always to export to the same format as your profile and
if you later need another video size, you can convert your original rendering
using one of the video converter available.

But this is far from obvious in the current Kdenlive rendering dialog. The
easiest solution I could think of is to hide by default all profiles that
resize the video. A checkbox ( Show experimental export formats) would allow
to display them all.

Is that ok for you ?

jmpoure, are you planning to do some more profiles update before the release ?

regards
jb