[Kdenlive-devel] Adding more profiles: HDV 1080 24p, HDV 1080 25p, HDV 1080 30p,

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Sat Nov 8 22:12:27 UTC 2008

On Sat, Nov 8, 2008 at 11:17 AM, Jean-Michel Pouré <jm at poure.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Camcorders like Canon HV20/30 can record in progressive full frames.
> This may be usefull for users to add these profiles to MLT/kdenlive :
> HDV 1080 24p, HDV 1080 25p and HDV 1080 30p.

I added more profiles where HDV profiles use the 1440 width and ATSC
ones use the 1920. I hesitate to relabel the ATSC ones as AVCHD
because there is actually both full width and anamorphic width 1080
variants in AVCHD camcorders.

I added 24p modes for ATSC but not yet HDV. High end HDV camcorders do
true 24p while others do fast 24p in 25p or telecine to 50i or 60i.
Also, inverse telecine in MLT is not yet ready. The worry is that most
people will select 24p and wonder why their footage looks so jerky
and/or fringed. I'm just not sure what to do here until there can more
proper handling of the consumer 24p formats.

> Newer stick canons camcorders can record in real 1920x1080 I guess, but
> I am not sure.

Are these HDV or AVCHD?

--
+-DRD-+