[Kdenlive-devel] Build error

bridd bridd at bridd.com
Tue May 6 07:57:41 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-05-06 at 15:15 +1000, Jared Henley wrote:
> rather I'm building an ArchLinux package, basing my PKGBUILD file on
> one I found on the ArchLinux site for kdenlive 0.6-svn (svn number
> 1727).

> After 41% i get a big slab of warnings, and this error:
>
> /home/j/dev/pkgs/kdenlive/src/kdenlive/kdenlive/effect.h: At global
> scope:
> /home/j/dev/pkgs/kdenlive/src/kdenlive/kdenlive/effect.h:39: error:
> multiple parameters named 'id'
>
> This doesn't look like a dependency problem to me.  Should I be using
> a specific version of gcc or some other tool?  Or can I expect that a
> lot of svn revisions won't build?  Because I haven't yet found a
> subversion revision that actually builds.

I've been trying this myself, under fully up to date ArchLinux, except
rather than going for building an ArchLinux package I've just been
trying to compile it and install.  I get exactly the same error.

I've had a few things break on me building from source due to Arch
running GCC 4.3 and it being strict about the way C libraries are
declared in scope in C++ files, and usually they're easy enough to patch
up, move on.

Anyone else have any experience with running Kdenlive under Arch or
compiled with GCC 4.3 ?

Cheers

Dave