[Kdenlive-devel] kdenlive dv capturing and 16:9 output

Christian Schmidt christianschleiz at web.de
Thu May 1 19:41:02 UTC 2008

Hi @ all,
I'm an absolute newbie to kdenlive.
I used Kino until now.
I have two problems with kdenlive:
First when I want to capture DV files there always appears the following
error message: "Too many file names; Usage: dvgrab [options] [file] [-]
and pipe:: I/O error occurred.
DV capturing works fine with Kino!!! What happened into kdenlive?
Second: my DV cam records 16:9 and when capturing DV AVIs with Kino it
seems that Kino stretches them to 4:3 although I set 16:9 in the
settings of Kino. Until now I worked with this AVIs in Virtual Dub in
Windows and resize them back there. When I want to work with this AVI
files in kdenlive and want to resize them to 16:9, there is no button
for 16:9 only widescreen, nothing happens. kdenlive seems to make a
strange format that not even the VLC player can resize back.
O.K. I use the Ubuntu Studio version with KDE 3.5.8; kdenlive 0.5 and
dvgrab 3.0.
Please help me!
I won't be a slave of Windows anymore when editing my videos.

Thanks in advance,
Christian