[Kdenlive-devel] auto rescale imported still images (feature request)

José Jorge lists.jjorge at free.fr
Wed Mar 12 07:40:17 UTC 2008

robcanning wrote:
> any tricks to getting kdenlive to run smoothly while playing back a
> sequence of 2.2 MB jpg files or must i shrink them and then replace them
> before rendering as was suggested earlier
> thanks
> rob c

Kdenlive will run smoothly with any jpg file if your system can decode
jpg files at 30 fps. You can't do anything but change your computer if
you don't want to reduce your files. Of course, it would be better if
JPG decoding was multithreaded, as multicore is standard by now.

> p.s. when would you render to 2 or 4k - when you make something for the
> cinema or something? what medium do you master to with a file of this
> resolution?

I tried to do such a big export one time to Ogg/Theora :
http://jjorge.free.fr/mathilde/video/mirabelle_et_le_papillon/

In fact it is only 1280x720 as original shots were only done with a 2MP
camera.

But such a rendering would be done to uncompressed images.