[Kdenlive-devel] Ivytv / Miracle Compatibility (was Re: possibly impossible feature request - multichannel preview)

Ronald Teune rtwolf at gmx.net
Fri Mar 7 10:56:20 UTC 2008

On Friday 07 March 2008, robcanning <robcanning <robcanning at eircom.net>>
wrote:
> > Hmm, doing a little research on ivtv, and I see there is a framebuffer
> > kernel module and an X driver with XVideo support. Also, I wonder if
> > it possible to direct the XVideo of certain video display cards to its
> > TV-Out. I had a feature on my old Matrox card and Windows driver to do
> > that. It could take whatever was sent to DirectDraw video overlay and
> > send that alone to the TV-Out. Jaromil should know more about this. It
> > would be interesting to add ivtv compatibility to MLT and IvySync-like
> > behaviour to Miracle.
>
> i suspect that this is possible - if so it would be very exciting to add
> this compatibility to Miracle!
> this would be great - maybe the answer to all my needs - i look forward
> to hearing what jaromil has to say on this.
>
> At some stage in the near future i am going to build the installation
> computer to try things out with...
>  i think the cards that jaromil recommends are the PVR350's which i
> guess are these http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/products/data_pvr350.html
>
> i'd be happy to be a tester and write up some documentation or help in
> some way if this feature may be a possibility :)
>
> let see... sounds like an exciting possible development though.
>
> thanks,
>
> rob c

Not sure if it answers the question, but I have a pc here (actually, my house
mate has it :-)) with a PVR350, and MythTV has an option to output the video,
and just the video, to its TV-out. When the video output is shown on that
screen, the OSD does not show up when doing things like fast forward, pause,
etc., just the video. And indeed, the Xorg framebuffer device still works,
too.

my 2 cents,
Ronald

--