[Kdenlive-devel] FFMPEG include path and some changes

Lúcio Corrêa lucio.correa at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 17:55:03 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 4:06 AM, Marco Gittler <g.marco at freenet.de> wrote:

> Am 07.07.2008 um 00:21 schrieb jb:
>
>> On Tuesday 01 July 2008 23:02:57 Lúcio Corrêa wrote:
>>> So, why are we using the old one method?  What I suggest:
>>>
>>> 1. Copy FindFFmpeg.cmake from KDE's trunk into kdenlive;
>>> 2. Change renderer.cpp  to #include <libavformat/avformat.h>;
>>
>> Hi.
>>
>> The only problem I see is that not everybody has a recent FFmpeg
>> version, and
>> this <dir/header.h> stuff did not work on older FFmpeg versions. I
>> don't know
>> how most distros manage this, but for example in ubuntu (last
>> release), the
>> avformat header is installed in: /usr/include/ffmpeg/avformat.h
>> ( see: http://packages.ubuntu.com/hardy/i386/libavformat-dev/
>> filelist )
>>
>> So that if we update it, it will not compile on ubuntu, and I am
>> afraid that
>> it will be the same for most distros...
>>
>>> 3. Remove these modules, as they are not used anymore or are part of
>>> kdelibs:
>>>
>>> FindGettext.cmake
>>> FindKdeLibs.cmake
>> (...)
>>
>>> I'm proposing this because if we start duplicating the modules, we
>>> end
>>> up like the autotools hell, mantaining every module on our own.
>>
>> It's ok for me if we remove unused or duplicated modules, but I
>> think we have
>> to be careful with the FFmpeg detection. The current cmake module
>> seems to
>> work for everyone and I would prefer to keep it that way until the
>> major linux
>> distributions follow the FFmpeg guidelines.
>
> this i my meaning too, since there are different ffmpeg versions out,
> which are ot compatible in header detection, and so not useable for
> everyone, we should wait until it is.
>
> use cmake modules from kde would be the prefered way, if there is one
> header install scheme.
>

>> regards
>> jb
>>

> regards marco

Here (debian sid) it doesn't work becase avformart.h includes in this way:

 40 #include "libavcodec/avcodec.h"

and the error:

In file included from /home/kde-devel/src/kdenlive/KDE4/src/renderer.cpp:28:
/usr/include/ffmpeg/libavformat/avformat.h:40:32: error:
libavcodec/avcodec.h: No such file or directory

Maybe(in my case) /usr/include/ffmpeg should be  in include path too?

Regards,
"Your mind is like a parachute: it works better when open."
Lúcio Flávio Corrêa
(+55) (87) 9118-8115
lucio.correa #at# gmail.com
luciocorrea.wordpress.com