[Kdenlive-devel] Framework choice (MLT / gstreamer)

lists user lists at whatsup.tc
Tue Feb 26 14:09:47 UTC 2008

Hi Kdenlive devs,

I am wondering what the reasons were for you to choose the MLT framework
over gstreamer as basis for your application. I am currently evaluating
frameworks for an application with very similar needs in terms of frameworks
and would like to understand what the benefits of MLT over gstreamer are.

I hope somebody can give me some insight on this.

What I want to be able to do with my application is stitch some small videos
with the same codec and container format together and stream them as if they
were one continuous video. No gaps, no flickering, no re-encoding.

Is the MLT framework capable of doing something like that?

What other benefits does the MLT framework have in comparison with
gstreamer?

My best regards,
Markus