[Kdenlive-devel] libraw1394 depreciated

Kyle Hotchkiss hotchkikr at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 20:13:08 UTC 2008

does this have to do with redhats decision to ditch it too?

ok sorry... with debian and ubuntu, you sometimes have to manually give it
read write permission for all (sudo chmod 777 /dev/raw1394)
This does it on my computer. Reason being it doesn't automatically do this,
and I have never figured out the whole rule.d thing

--klye

On Feb 19, 2008 2:53 PM, robcanning <robcanning at eircom.net> wrote:

> hello,
>
> no /dev/raw1394 created in >2.6.22 kernels - libraw1394 depreciated?
> any solution for capturing from firewire devices planned?
>
> thanks
>
> rob c

"Let's keep it hot in dis parking lot!"
http://hotchkikr.wordpress.com