[Kdenlive-devel] cannot launch kdenlive(kde4)

jb jb at kdenlive.org
Tue Feb 19 08:58:09 UTC 2008

Felix Hammer wrote:
> sock_file=/home/doitux/.kde/socket-hammer/kdeinit4__0
> Warning: connect() failed: : Connection refused
> KCrash cannot reach kdeinit, launching directly.
>
> I think it doesnt work :(
>
> regards
> Felix

Can you launch other KDE4 apps ? I guess you are using a KDE3 desktop
and just installed the KDE4 kdelibs package to compile Kdenlive. I don't
know which distro you are using, but there are probably a few more steps
to do to allow you launching KDE4 apps... try to look in your distro
forum if you can get some info on running KDE4 and KDE3 at the same time...

regards
jb