[Kdenlive-devel] Effect list missing

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Fri Feb 15 07:49:06 UTC 2008

On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 5:46 PM, Kyle Hotchkiss <hotchkikr at gmail.com> wrote:
> *phew* at least it is a bug and not just my poor installation skills.
>
> On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 6:02 PM, Juan M <herrej01 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > as detected by Kyle, last svn version has a bug (or it seems to me) as
> it's not detecting the list of effects. I think this is because the change

I do not see the effect list either, and there are other general
problems with playback and thumbnailing.

> in program initeffects (rev. 1834). It's looking for the filters.dat file in
> /lib/mlt when, at least in my installation, this file is still not there.
> >
> > Dan, JB, can you confirm ?

The .dat files are supposed to be gone with the new MLT module
registration system, but this should be transparent to kdenlive.

JB might still doing a lot of work on the XML-defined effects system.
If there is a lot of work still to do, then we should collaborate on
MLT's services metadata system.