[Kdenlive-devel] are there kdenlive_renderer or inigo for winxp?

Giuseppe Ghibò ghibo at mandriva.com
Fri Feb 8 13:15:33 UTC 2008

Andrew Hunter ha scritto:
> Jeffrey Thomas wrote:
>
>>> I have several computers under WinXP. Most of time they used for writing
>>> texts, but they have powerful CPUs. Is there any possibility to use them for
>>> delayed rendering of Kdenlive's projects?
>>>
>> I am not aware of any right now, but perhaps using a live-CD with KDEnlive on it?  You could boot into the LiveCD environment without touching the hard drive's installed OS.  I am not sure how well KDEnlive disk access would perform over a network, nor do I know if KDEnlive uses KDE's awesome KIO-slaves to access various networks, such as:
>> fish:/user at server/path/to/video/files (fish:/ uses SSH)
>> Or mount the remote filesystem with sshfs or NFS; not sure how well it would perform though...
>>

> Gigabit ethernet for _all_ the machines is the key here and idealy
> having two or more GigE switches trunked to the router. At GigE would
> allow you to edit HDV video over the network (the BBC published a
> whitepaper on how they do it).

BTW, do you have the URL?

Afaik in FullHD it's also difficult to reach such ratio with ordinary
disks (you need SAS with RAID0),
you need "sustained" bandwidth of at least 200-300MB/s (which is >
1Gb/s) in reading and writing (you have to fight
also with bottenleck of various filesystems). If someone has tried full
HD in this subject, I'm interested in hearing his experiences.

Thanks.
Bye
Giuseppe.