[Kdenlive-devel] win32

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Wed Feb 6 02:09:38 UTC 2008

On Feb 5, 2008 4:15 PM, Kyle Hotchkiss <hotchkikr at gmail.com> wrote:

> >>On Feb 5, 2008 4:55 AM, Ruslan Popov <rpopov at jet.msk.su> wrote:
> > >Hi all.
> >>
> > >I have several computers under WinXP. Most of time they used for
> writing
> > >texts, but they have powerful CPUs. Is there any possibility to use
> them for
> >> delayed rendering of Kdenlive's projects?
>
> >I will ask Charlie about his win32 patch for MLT. Meanwhile, I
> >recommend a virtual machine on your XP boxes for this purpose.
> this would be a big part of porting to windows. What about libdv and
> raw1394 and whatever for windows? Those are pretty important. dvgrab is
> proabably what I mean. I know ffmpeg is good though.

Well, no, dvgrab is not at all portable. However, dvgrab is nicely decoupled
from kdenlive via a command line interface and pipes. So, something similar
could be written using DirectShow on Windows. There might even be a
GUI-based open source tool for Windows implementing Firewire capture that
could be integrated by stripping it down to a command line exe with a
similar interface. I imagine any initial efforts just would not bother to
make capture available.

--
+-DRD-+