[Kdenlive-devel] are there kdenlive_renderer or inigo for winxp?

Jeffrey Thomas eljefedelito at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 14:37:04 UTC 2008

> I have several computers under WinXP. Most of time they used for writing
> texts, but they have powerful CPUs. Is there any possibility to use them for
> delayed rendering of Kdenlive's projects?

I am not aware of any right now, but perhaps using a live-CD with KDEnlive on it?  You could boot into the LiveCD environment without touching the hard drive's installed OS.  I am not sure how well KDEnlive disk access would perform over a network, nor do I know if KDEnlive uses KDE's awesome KIO-slaves to access various networks, such as:
fish:/user at server/path/to/video/files (fish:/ uses SSH)
Or mount the remote filesystem with sshfs or NFS; not sure how well it would perform though...

But again, I don't know of any LiveCDs that include KDEnlive, perhaps one of the multimedia distros such as Dyna:bolic, Studio64, or UbuntuStudio.  These are just some guesses though.