[Kdenlive-devel] Kdenlive anamorphic problem in rendering to H.264 + sound issues

Jean-Michel Pouré jm at poure.com
Sat Dec 27 07:25:37 UTC 2008

Dear Friends,

I made some changes to export profiles using
http://itbroadcastanddigitalcinema.com/ffmpeg_howto.html

There are still some problem:

1) H.264 rendering
Download and HDV movie from our footage page
http://www.kdenlive.org/contribution-manual/footage

Then export to H.264. It is 4:3 and not 16:9

2) Lossless/HQ profiles

Rendering to Mpeg2 and H.264 I-frames only works very well.
But I would prefer pcm_s16le audio codec. This is not possible, breaking
export. Is it because Mpeg2 and H.264 should never have uncompressed
sound? I am surprised. Any solution for uncompressed sound?

3) Number of channels
Sometimes sources with several audio channels do not export well.

Example: http://www.poure.com/footage/sony-hdr-cx-6-1080i.mts
which has two pcm_s16le audio channels.

So it might be usefull to add ac=2 to some export profiles. What is your
opinion?

Kind regards,
Jean-Michel