[Kdenlive-devel] Kdenlive live CDs

el jefe delito eljefedelito at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 20:44:38 UTC 2008

> I am building a live CD with Gnome, KDE, Kdenlive and other tools.
I am sure this list isn't the place to discuss my question, so if you can contact me off-list I would be fine with that. eljefedelito at gmail.com

But, WOW is it really that easy to create a debian live cd?  And, will it be installable?  I would be very interested in creating my own spin of Debian to make multiple installs a lot less bandwith-intensive, and will do some homework on how live-helper works, but just wondering if its as easy as the commands on that HowTo page say.

I second that Gnome isn't really needed, and that K3b would be a great addition, as might be QDVDAuthor to author DVDs and menu structures.  NTFS-3g may be a good idea to allow disk read/write for those Windows users, and a KDE GUI for that if there is anything like that.

Firefox or Iceweasel for a more-well-known web browser would be good, but if it's Iceweasel the user may have no idea what that actually is :(  The web browser homepage should go to KDEnlive.org or maybe the tutorials page.