[Kdenlive-devel] kdenlive manual

Jean-Michel Pouré jm at poure.com
Thu Dec 18 15:31:37 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-12-18 at 12:53 +0100, Marco Ciampa wrote:
> I still want to contribute. Tell me how and why.

Dear Marco,

You are welcome to contribute our documentation. We need help.

Kdenlive moved to Drupal and I worked hard on several issues, before
getting back to manual.

To contribute, read:
http://www.kdenlive.org/contribution-manual/how-write-kdenlive-manual

First, you should fist register on Kdenlive web site.
Then I will add documentation writer role to your username.
This will allow you any page on the website.

The reason why we chose Drupal is that it has a translation server which
can be used to translate website, documentation and kdenlive POT.

I know this is quite unusual to have a translation server, but this
deserved to try and quit Wikibooks.

The documentation text is open-source, so you can copy it back to
Wikibooks. But we are leaving Wikibooks so I don't encourage you to keep
this wiki updated. The only official source for documentation is our
Drupal system.

Register on Kdenlive.org, send me your username and I add you to the
documentation writer group.

Kind regards,
Jean-Michel