[Kdenlive-devel] ffmpeg VDPO patch for h264 decoding

Jean-Michel Pouré jm at poure.com
Wed Dec 17 07:34:10 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-12-16 at 11:49 -0800, Dan Dennedy wrote:
> Can I ask some hacker to take over duties maintaining mlt, kino,
> libdv, libraw1394, libavc1394, libiec61883, and dvgrab so I can
> abandon this miserable abomination of a hobby that only serves to
> isolate me from my family, leave me unfulfilled with my employment,
> and for which I can no longer afford the equipment to continue and
> grow it due to the cost of living in the civilized western world
> without having to move to some crime-ridden neighborhood or other city
> with little job opportunity in the software industry?

This was posted with a sence of humor, but we should call for more
developpers to join Kdenlive and help you support these core libraries.

I will add a "Who is behind Kdenlive" page on the website. JB and Dan, I
would appreciate a photo. If you don't want your face displayed, send me
something to display.

Maybe this page could serve explain where are the needs and how gifted
developers can help. People don't understand immediatly that we need
help. Unless you explain very carefuly.

Besides, there is a need to implement VDPAU patch in MLT to display h264
and AVCHD smothly.

Kind regards,
Jean-Michel