[Kdenlive-devel] Info for the 0.7.1 release

reinhard protux at web.de
Mon Dec 15 20:21:28 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-12-15 at 06:25 -0500, Cinephiliac wrote:
> > * Shortcuts:
> > There are many bug reports about missing or bad shortcuts. It would be
> > great if someone could gather them and create a list with the required
> > changes so that we can agree on something.

Hi,

IMHO it is also, if not more?!?, important to point out more clearly
that the user can assign own shortcuts, using the 'configure shortcuts'
dialog, and don't need to stick with the default ones!
Maybe some avid or premiere users - who might be interested to switch
over to kdenlive ;) - might want to use his/her video editing keyboard,
like this one for example....
http://www.logickeyboard.com/shop/default.asp?SetLng=4&BypassShopClosed=1
...also with kdenlive.

So, they just have to map some shortcuts, to the keyboard, to fit their
needs...

So, maybe it would be a good thing then to offer more of avid/premiere
basic functionality like 'goto in/out point', 'go 10 frames
back/forward',....

greetings
reinhard