[Kdenlive-devel] Kdenlive packaging policies

Mads Bondo Dydensborg mads at dydensborg.dk
Mon Dec 15 11:08:43 UTC 2008

mandag 15 December 2008 skrev Jean-Michel Pouré:
> On Mon, 2008-12-15 at 10:36 +0100, Mads Bondo Dydensborg wrote:
> > The greatest obstacle to me is getting all the .spec and .deb files
> > right.
> > They more or less need to differ for each distribution, and for many
> > also
> > needs to include dependencies outside the std. repos.
>
> A few years ago, I took part in pgadmin projects. We build daily RPMs
> everyday from SVN and user just loved it. These are static build, with
> very few, let us say NO dependency.

OK, building every day from SVN does invalidate some of my concerns.

> If you consider Kdenlive from the developer point of view, then yes it
> is easy to compile.

I am not sure I agree :-) Also, I get to handle quite a bit of compile support
on the irc channel - it is not easy, not even with the wizard.

Regards

Mads

--
Mads Bondo Dydensborg   mads at dydensborg.dk   http://www.madsdydensborg.dk/

FAITH, n. Belief without evidence in what is told by one who speaks without
knowledge, of things without parallel.
                        - Ambrose Bierce (The Devil's Dictionary)